Invitation to Submit
On behalf of the Scientific Program Committee, we invite you to submit abstracts for possible inclusion in the 2020 Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability (ASID) Conference being held at the Grand Millennium, Auckland, New Zealand from 4th – 6th November 2020.
The conference theme is Whanaungatanga – Growing Connections. This focuses on the importance of strengthening connections and developing partnerships. These could be with individuals, across disciplines, sectors, regions, mind-sets and across the Tasman Sea. We invite submissions in the sub-themes listed below. In addition, submissions of relevance to the overall conference theme will also be considered.
- Families and children
- Access to justices
- Perspectives from self-advocates
- Leisure and recreation
- Self determination, choice and control
- Community and political participation
- Approaches to research
- Safeguarding and abuse prevention
- Effective services (of a type not already specified)
- Cultural sensitivity in disability services
All presenters will be required to register for the conference and pay the appropriate registration fee. Presenters also need to meet their own travel and accommodation costs.