Thank you for chairing a session at the 2019 Australasian Society for Intellectual Disability Conference.
The session you have been assigned can be found on the online conference program, in the Conference App and on the printed Pocket Program.
Below are some tips to assist you with the chairing process:
- All plenary sessions will be held in the Grand Ballroom (B&C).
- Please go to the room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet with the speakers for that session and the audio visual technician. The AV technician is assigned to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- Please familiarise yourself with the room. There will be a chair table where you will find a copy of these notes and a counter bell
- Ensure the session starts and finishes on time. Gently ring the bell to remind speakers of the time (if required).
- You will be advised of any housekeeping items or program updates by the registration staff or committee. Please announce these at the beginning of the session.
- Begin the session on time by asking that all electronic devices be turned to silent. Please use your phone clock to keep to time.
- Biographies of the speakers can be found on the Conference App available to all delegates. There is no need to read these completely, the presenter’s name and affiliation(s) will be suffice for introduction.
- Speakers have been asked to sit in the front row of the theatre so they can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- If time allows, invite questions from the floor. Question microphones will be available for delegates to ask their questions (If no questions are forthcoming from the audience be prepared to direct a question to the presenter).